ISHPEMING - Westwood High School business students' results from the State Leadership Conference held recently include:
- Courtney Beauchamp - first place in Legal Office Procedures, silver medal in Business Spelling and fourth place in Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications.
- Megan Chapman - first place in Advanced Office Systems & Procedures.
Megan Chapman, left, of Westwood High School receives one of only two Business Professionals of America Michigan State Association Scholarships that were presented at the BPA State Leadership Conference in Grand Rapids in March from CharMaine Hines, Michigan BPA Development Coordinator and Corporate Sponsorships/Advisory Board of Trustees Liaison. Each recipient was presented with a $1,000 in scholarship and $500 for the local school BPA chapter.
Seven Westwood High School students have qualified to attend and compete for national awards at the National Leadership Conference, “Accelerate Your Future,” in Indianapolis, Indiana, April 28 through May 4. National Qualifiers include: front row from left, Kaitlyn Seelen, Megan Chapman, Hannah Salmi and Rachel Anderson; and back row from left, Courtney Beauchamp, Connor Mason and Ivan Wiljanen.
- Ivan Wiljanen - first place in Payroll Accounting and bronze medal in Administrative Support Concepts.
- Connor Mason - second place in Legal Office Procedures.
- Kaitlyn Seelen third place in Integrated Office Applications and third place in Medical Office Procedures.
- Hannah Salmi - third place in Legal Office Procedures.
- Rachel Anderson sixth place in Advanced Office Systems & Procedures.
These students qualifying to compete at the National Leadership Conference in Indianapolis.