MARQUETTE?- Gov. Rick Snyder will kick off the Marquette Economic Club's 2013-2014 season.
Snyder, Michigan's 48th governor, will be the guest speaker at the first Econ Club dinner of the group's 36th season, set for Sept. 19 at the Holiday Inn in Marquette.
Eight speakers with expertise in areas of interest to local residents, business owners and government officials have been invited to speak during this year's series. They include:
- Former Congressman Bart Stupak on Oct 14
-Todd Herring from ArtPrize on Nov. 11
- A health care panel discussion on Dec. 9
- Robert Sweeney from the Mackinac Bridge Authority on Jan. 20.
- George Zimmermann from Pure Michigan on Feb. 17
- Scott Graham of the Michigan Brewers Guild on March 17
- The season concludes with Aaron Popkey from the Green Bay Packers on April 2.
Econ Club dinner evenings begin with social hour at 6 p.m., offering a unique and relaxed networking period and introduction to dinner which is served at 7 p.m. and the featured speaker at 8 p.m. The evening concludes promptly at 9 p.m.
The mission of the Economic Club of Marquette County is to provide a social network setting in which awareness and education on economic issues of importance to the community is created through programs of local, regional, and national interest.
Meetings are open to non-members. To become a member, make a reservation or to learn more, visit the website at www.marquetteeconomicclub.org or call 906-315-2155 to leave a message for a returned call.