Events around Superiorland
Here are some of the Memorial Day events and observations scheduled for today in the area:
- HUMBOLDT - There will be a brief Memorial Day service at 10 a.m. at the Humboldt Township Cemetery, followed by a coffee social at the Humboldt Town Hall. If weather is inclement, activities will take place at the Town Hall.
- ISHPEMING - The Ishpeming Area Veterans will hold Memorial Day services at 10 a.m. Monday at the Ishpeming Cemetery. In case of inclement weather, services will be held at the Ishpeming VFW on Bank Street.
- MARQUETTE - The American Legion will be at Harlow Park at 8 a.m. placing flags honoring local vets at the Veterans Memorial. The flags will be on display until sunset. A Warrior Relief Walk to raise funds for vets starts at 9 a.m. at Mattson Lower Harbor Park. American Legion Post 44 will hold a Memorial Day Service at 9:30 a.m. at Holy Cross Cemetery and then at 10:15 a.m. at Park Cemetery. Refreshments will be served at the American Legion Post 44, 700 W. Bluff St., Marquette following the 10:15 a.m. service.
- MICHIGAMME - A Memorial Day service will be held at 10 a.m. at the Lakeview Cemetery in Michigamme. The program will include a salute to the veterans with Bill Robson playing the harmonica and special music by area children and Sister Margey and Michael Tembruell. The speaker will be Sheriff Michael Lovelace. Refreshments will be served at the Community Building following the program. In case of inclement weather the service will be held at the Michigamme Community Building.
- NEGAUNEE - A Memorial Day parade will march down Iron Street to Teal Lake Avenue at 10 a.m. A memorial ceremony will be held at the Negaunee Cemetery immediately after the parade.
- REPUBLIC - A Memorial Day parade will be held at 9:30 a.m. followed by a program at 10 a.m. at the Republic cemetery. A social gathering will take place at Township Hall following the activities. In case of inclement weather, the program will be held at the Republic-Michigamme High School gymnasium.