Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Affiliated Sites | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire causes minimal damage to bar

December 22, 2012
By JOHN PEPIN - Journal Staff Writer (jpepin@miningjournal.net) , The Mining Journal

MARQUETTE - Marquette City Fire Department crews were called out on a smoky two-alarm blaze Friday morning at Pat's Bar on West Washington Street in Marquette.

Michigan State Police said emergency dispatchers received a 911 call at 9:02 a.m., reporting there was a fire in the attic and everyone was getting out of the building.

Crews reported finding heavy smoke in the building when they arrived at the bar, located at 922 W. Washington St. Fire department officers said the fire was in the southeast portion of the attic and was quickly extinguished.

Police were blocking Washington Street for a block in both direction.

Firefighters had ladders up to the front and side of the business. Some parts of the siding were removed from the southeast corner of the structure.

Firefighters said salvage and overhaul revealed overheated electrical wiring in the attic space was the cause of the fire. Estimated structure damage and content loss were characterized by fire officials as light.

Crews cleared the scene at 9:54 a.m.

John Pepin can be reached at 906-228-2500, ext. 206. His email address is jpepin@miningjournal.net.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web