Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Affiliated Sites | Home RSS
 
 
 

Attic fire extinguished at Marquette bar

December 21, 2012
By JOHN PEPIN - Journal Staff Writer (jpepin@miningjournal.net) , The Mining Journal

MARQUETTE - Marquette City Fire Department crews were called out on a smoky two-alarm blaze this morning at Pat's Bar, located along West Washington Street in downtown Marquette.

Michigan State Police said emergency dispatchers received a 911 call at 9:02 a.m. today, reporting there was a fire in the attic and everyone was getting out of the building.

Crews reported finding heavy smoke in the building when they arrived at the bar, located 922 W. Washington St. Marquette City Fire Department officers said the fire was in the southeast portion of the attic and was extinguished directly.

Article Photos

Marquette City Fire Department crews responded to a smoky attic fire at Pat’s Bar in Marquette this morning. Fire officials said overheated wiring was the cause of the blaze, which resulted in light damage and content loss. (Journal photo by Matt Keiser)

Police were blocking Washington Street for a block in either direction.

Firefighters had ladders up to the front and side of the business. Some parts of the siding were removed from the front, east corner of the structure.

Firefighters said salvage and overhaul revealed overheated electrical wiring in the attic space was the cause of the fire. Estimated structure damage and content loss were characterized by fire officials as light.

Crews cleared the scene at 9:54 a.m.

John Pepin can be reached at 906-228-2500, ext. 206.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web