MARQUETTE - An overheated connection resulted in a roughly 90-minute power outage this morning to over 800 Marquette Board of Light and Power customers in downtown Marquette, including The Mining Journal.
David Lynch, BLP superintendent of distribution, said a burnt conductor caused an electrical fault in the 300 block of West Washington Street. Protections in place cleared the circuit, Lynch said.
The outage occurred at 9:49 a.m. and affected 852 BLP customers. Power was restored 11:14 a.m.
Lynch said it took a while to make repairs as the affected electric line had to be raised and spliced.
John Pepin can be reached at 906-228-2500, ext. 206.