Cathy Paquette of Marquette Internal Medicine and Pediatric Associates had these things to share about her experience with the program:
- Why did you join the program? To lose weight and to be healthier.
- Did you reach your goal? No, I did not reach my goal of 30 pounds, but came very close at 24 pounds.
Cholesterol: 199 (was 198)
Blood pressure: 112/78 (was 120/70)
Blood Sugar: 91 (was 90)
Body Fat: 40.4% (was 43)
BMI: 32.4 (was 36.3)
Final Weight: 197.8 pounds
Weight Lost: 19 pounds
- How did you change your eating habits? Smaller portions!
- What type of exercise routine did you participate in to aid in your weight loss? Worked with the trainers and walked.
- What was the biggest obstacle to overcome? When meals were prepared by someone else, I had to be very aware of portion sizes.
Cholesterol: 170 (was 173);
Percent Body Fat: 28.8 (was 36); ?
BMI: 29 (was 31); ?
Final weight: 1,807 pounds;
Percent weight loss:?6.2
- What kind of feedback have you received from the publicity of being a participant in the program? "I saw you in the paper,you are doing great!" "Keep up the good work." "I should be doing what you are doing."
- Who have you influenced to lose weight? My partner; he started walking and trying to eat healthier.
My partner Tim, he saw the results of the gym physically and mentally. He would tell me: "Sometimes you have a hard time getting yourself to the gym, but when you do you seem to be happier."
- What are your plans to stay on track and continue this new healthy lifestyle in the future? Quoting Tracy, "There is no bad food, just bad portions". I have been using a smaller plate and when I finish my meal I have to remind myself I don't need more.
- Would you recommend this program to other people? Why? Absolutely! It was a great experience and an educational four months. I knew I was overweight but had NO idea of how much of that weight was actually fat. That was the ("gulp") "oh my goodness - I had no idea" turning point for me.