LITTLE LAKE -It is a New Era at the Page Center on Little Lake. Entering its second year as a nonprofit corporation, the Page Center offers organizations, clubs and groups a place to meet, educate and rejuvenate.
According to Executive Director, Leslie Bek, "The Page Center offers a natural environment with a mix of woods, water, rustic and modern facilities. We believe that when people gather at the Page Center for whatever their purpose, the potential and possibility for great outcomes are endless."
Named after founder and former Northern Michigan Episcopal Diocese Bishop Herman Page Jr. in 1950, the Page Center on Little Lake served the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Michigan as a gathering place and youth camp for over 50 years.
While no longer directly affiliated with the church, the tradition of a gathering place has been expanded upon and stewardship is in the hands of a community based board of trustees. Facilities and grounds have been upgraded, remodeled and renewed. The highlight is the transformation of the former 70-year-old lodge into the Kelsey Cottage. The facility is the first to provide year round overnight access to the Page Center.
The Page Center campus includes eight rustic cabins; a bathhouse; recreation center; dining hall; waterfront; volleyball, baseball and soccer space; and hiking /walking trails from May through October. Year-round access is available for the Kelsey Cottage and chapel in the woods. Group sizes vary from 10 to 110.
In 2008 more than 30 groups and 750 individuals participated in retreats, educational programs, camps, family gatherings and training sessions at the Page Center. For more information, call 346-3165 or visit www.pagecenter.org