Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 14. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Tonight:A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values between zero and 5. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Sunday: A chance of snow showers before 8am, then a chance of snow after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 19. West wind around 5 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Sunday night: A 30 percent chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 22. Monday night: A 30 percent chance of snow after 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.

Extended forecast: Tuesday: Snow likely, mainly after 8 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 22. Tuesday night: Snow likely, mainly before 8 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 15. Wednesday: A chance of snow before 8 a.m, then snow showers likely, mainly between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Wednesday night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Thursday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Thursday night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 16. Friday: Snow likely. Patchy blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.

Lake Superior: WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less. Tonight: Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less. Sunday: Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less. Sunday night: NNE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less. Monday: ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less. Monday night: ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of snow after 1 a.m. Waves 1 ft or less. Tuesday: E wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Snow likely with patchy blowing snow. Waves 1 ft or less. Tuesday night: E wind around 10 kt becoming N after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Snow likely. Waves 1 ft or less

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 4 degrees, 10 degrees below normal. The high Friday was 9 degrees and the overnight low was -2 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, zero inches. Year to date, 3.59 inches. Normal to date, xx inches.

Snowfall: Friday, zero inches. Season to date, 130.3 inches. Normal to date, 126.9 inches.

Sunset: 6:06 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:03 a.m. Sunday

COMMENTS