Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a chance of rain showers in the evening, then rain showers, possibly mixed with snow overnight. Mostly cloudy. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Lows around 33. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Saturday, cold. Snow showers likely in the morning, then a chance of snow showers, possibly mixed with rain in the afternoon. Cloudy. Snow accumulation around an inch. Highs around 35. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph inland, except northwest 20 to 25 mph near the shore. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Saturday night, a chance of snow showers in the evening, then a slight chance of snow showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 27. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent.

Extended forecast: Sunday, partly cloudy. Highs around 42. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Sunday night, mostly clear. Lows around 31. Monday, sunny. Highs around 48. Monday night and Tuesday, partly cloudy. Lows around 34. Highs 43 to 48 inland to around 42 at the shore. Tuesday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 29. Wednesday through Thursday, mostly clear. Highs around 45. Lows around 30.

Lake Superior: Tonight, northwest wind 20 to 25 knots with gale force gusts up to 34 knots. Cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Waves building to 9 to 12 feet occasionally to 15 feet. Saturday, northwest wind up to 30 knots. Cloudy. Rain showers possibly mixed with snow showers through early afternoon, then a chance of rain showers and snow showers by mid afternoon. Waves building to 10 to 14 feet occasionally to 18 feet. Saturday night, northwest wind 15 to 25 knots. Cloudy. A chance of rain showers and snow showers through midnight, then a slight chance of rain showers and snow showers after midnight. Waves subsiding to 3 to 5 feet occasionally to 7 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 39 degrees, 3 degrees below normal. The high Thursday was 58 degrees and the overnight low was 19 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, none. Year to date, 36.76 inches. Normal to date, 28.48 inches.

Snowfall: Thursday, none. Season to date, 3.0 inches. Normal to date, 2.5 inches.

Sunset: 6:56 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:15 a.m. Saturday.