Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, clear. Patchy fog. Lows 42 to 47. Light winds. Thursday, warmer, sunny. Highs around 70. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday night, clear in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 54. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Friday, a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 73. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Friday night, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then showers likely overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 62. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 74. Chance of rain 50 percent. Saturday night and Sunday, clear. Lows around 55. Highs 74 to 79. Sunday night, mostly clear. Lows around 58. Labor Day and Monday night, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 76. Lows around 58. Tuesday, partly cloudy. Highs around 74.

Lake Superior: Tonight, northwest wind less than 10 knots in the evening becoming variable, then becoming south less than 10 knots late. Clear. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Thursday, south wind less than 10 knots backing southeast 5 to 15 knots by mid afternoon. Sunny. Waves calm to 1 foot. Thursday night, south wind 10 to 15 knots. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 56 degrees, 6 degrees below normal. The high Tuesday was 62 degrees and the overnight low was 50 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, .12 inches. Year to date, 24.08 inches. Normal to date, 22.06 inches.

Sunset: 8:35 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:08 a.m. Thursday.