Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, cloudy with scattered showers. Lows around 51. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Wednesday, cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs around 60. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Wednesday night, clear. Patchy fog. Lows 42 to 47. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Thursday, warmer, sunny. Highs around 69. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday night, mostly clear. Lows 52 to 57. Friday, a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 73. Friday night, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 60. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 75. Saturday night, mostly clear. Lows around 55. Sunday, sunny. Highs around 75. Sunday night and Labor Day, mostly clear. Lows 53 to 58. Highs around 76.

Lake Superior: Tonight, north wind 5 to 15 knots. Cloudy with scattered showers. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet. Wednesday, north wind 10 to 20 knots. Cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms through early afternoon, then partly cloudy by mid afternoon. Waves building to 3 to 5 feet occasionally to 7 feet, then subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Wednesday night, northwest wind 5 to 15 knots through midnight becoming variable. Clear. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 72 degrees, 10 degrees above normal. The high Monday was 82 degrees and the overnight low was 62 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, 1.61 inches. Year to date, 23.96 inches. Normal to date, 21.96 inches.

Sunset: 8:37 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:06 a.m. Wednesday.