Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, numerous showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning, then isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 74. Light winds. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight, partly cloudy. Lows around 61. Light winds.

Sunday, a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 80. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday night, warm. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 66. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Monday, mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 82. Monday night, warm. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the evening, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 65. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 77. Tuesday night, a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 56. Wednesday, cooler. Partly cloudy. Highs around 68. Wednesday night through thursday night, mostly clear. Lows around 53. Highs 69 to 74 inland to around 68 at the shore. Friday, partly cloudy. Highs around 74.

Lake Superior: Tonight, west wind less than 10 knots backing southwest after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves calm to 1 foot. Sunday, southwest wind less than 10 knots backing south by mid-afternoon. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms through early afternoon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms by mid-afternoon. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Friday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 64 degrees, one degrees below normal. The high Friday was 70 degrees and the overnight low was 58 degrees.

Precipitation: Friday, zero inches. Year to date, 22.09 inches. Normal to date, 21.67 inches.

Sunset: 8:42 p.m. this evening.

Sunrise: 7:01 a.m. Sunday.

COMMENTS