Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, cloudy with showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Patchy fog overnight. Lows around 59. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Saturday, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs around 74. South winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast in the afternoon. Saturday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 61. Light winds.

Extended forecast: Sunday, a chance of showers in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 79. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday night, a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 63. Chance of rain 50 percent. Monday, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 79. Chance of rain 40 percent. Monday night, showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 63. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tuesday, a chance of showers in the morning. Partly cloudy. Highs around 77. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tuesday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 56. Wednesday, a 30 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 71. Wednesday night and Thursday, mostly clear. Lows around 53. Highs around 72.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southeast wind 5 to 15 knots. Cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Saturday, southeast wind less than 10 knots through early afternoon becoming variable. Cloudy with a chance of showers through early afternoon, then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers by mid afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Saturday night, southwest wind less than 10 knots. Partly cloudy. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 69 degrees, 6 degrees above normal. The high Thursday was 81 degrees and the overnight low was 57 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, none. Year to date, 22.09 inches. Normal to date, 21.57 inches.

Sunset: 8:44 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:01 a.m. Saturday.