Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 58. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Tuesday, cooler. A chance of showers in the morning, then a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 64. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tuesday night, clear. Lows 51 to 56. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, warmer. Mostly sunny. Highs around 74. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday night through Thursday night, clear. Lows 54 to 59. Highs 75 to 80 inland to around 74 at the shore. Friday, a 40 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 75. Friday night, showers likely in the evening, then a chance of showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 59. Chance of rain 60 percent. Saturday and Saturday night, partly cloudy. Highs around 77. Lows around 59. Sunday, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs around 76.

Lake Superior: Tonight, northwest wind less than 10 knots increasing to 10 to 15 knots late. Cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Waves building to 2 to 3 feet. Tuesday, northwest wind 15 to 20 knots with gusts up to 28 knots. Cloudy. A chance of showers through early afternoon, then a slight chance of showers by mid afternoon. Waves building to 5 to 8 feet occasionally to 10 feet, then subsiding to 4 to 7 feet occasionally to 9 feet. Tuesday night, northwest wind 10 to 20 knots. Clear. Waves subsiding to 2 to 3 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 65 degrees, 1 degree above. The high Sunday was 79 degrees and the overnight low was 51 degrees.

Precipitation: Sunday, none. Year to date, 22.08 inches. Normal to date, 21.19 inches.

Sunset: 8:51 this evening.

Sunrise: 6:56 a.m. Tuesday.