Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms in the evening, then numerous showers overnight. Lows around 49. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. Thursday, cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs 61 to 66. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Thursday night and Friday, warmer, clear. Lows around 48. Highs around 76. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday night and Saturday, very warm. Mostly clear. Lows around 62. Highs around 86. Saturday night, warm. Partly cloudy. Lows around 67. Sunday, warm. A chance of showers in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs around 83. Chance of rain 40 percent. Sunday night, a chance of showers. Partly cloudy. Lows around 63. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday, a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 80. Chance of rain 40 percent. Monday night, a chance of showers in the evening. Partly cloudy. Lows around 59. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tuesday, partly cloudy. Highs around 77.

Lake Superior: Tonight, northwest wind 10 to 15 knots. Isolated thunderstorms in the evening. Numerous showers through midnight, then scattered showers late. Waves subsiding to 2 to 3 feet. Thursday, northwest wind 10 to 15 knots veering north 5 to 15 knots by mid afternoon. Mostly cloudy through early afternoon then becoming mostly sunny. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Thursday night, variable wind less than 10 knots. Clear. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 69 degrees, 4 degrees above normal. The high Tuesday was 83 degrees and the overnight low was 55 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, .10 inches. Year to date, 19.65 inches. Normal to date, 19.32 inches.

Sunset: 9:21 this evening.

Sunrise: 6:32 a.m. Thursday.