Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. Lows around 13 inland to around 19 at the shore. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Friday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 29. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Friday night, partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 8 to 13 above inland to around 15 at the shore. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Saturday, a 20 percent chance of snow showers in the morning. Partly cloudy. Highs around 31. Light winds. Saturday night and Sunday, partly cloudy. Lows 11 to 16. Highs around 34. Sunday night and Monday, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 19. Highs around 31. Monday night, mostly cloudy with snow showers likely. Lows 13 to 18. Chance of snow 70 percent. Tuesday, partly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 30. Tuesday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 13 to 18. Wednesday, mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 36.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 17 degrees, 4 degrees below normal. The high Wednesday was 19 degrees and the overnight low was 15 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, .19 inches. Year to date, 4.65 inches. Normal to date, 5.20 inches.

Snowfall: Wednesday, 6.1 inches. Season to date, 126.9 inches. Normal to date, 161.6 inches.

Sunset: 6:46 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:15 a.m. Friday.