Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, numerous snow showers in the evening, then scattered snow showers overnight. Cloudy. Snow accumulation around an inch. Lows 15 to 20. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph becoming north overnight. Chance of snow 70 percent. Thursday, cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 29. North winds 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow

showers. Lows 15 to 20. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Friday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 31. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Friday night, a chance of snow showers in the evening. Partly cloudy. Lows 11 to 16. Chance of snow 30 percent.

Saturday, partly cloudy. Highs around 34. Saturday night, a chance of snow showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows 14 to 19. Chance of snow 30 percent. Sunday, a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 36. Chance of snow 30 percent. Sunday night, partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 20. Monday and Monday night, partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 35. Lows around 18. Tuesday, partly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 32.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 22 degrees, 2 degrees above normal. The high Tuesday was 25 degrees and the overnight low was 19 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, .30 inches. Year to date, 4.46 inches. Normal to date, 5.11 inches.

Snowfall: Tuesday, 4.8 inches. Season to date, 120.8 inches. Normal to date, 160.3 inches.

Sunset: 6:45 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:16 a.m. Thursday.