Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, scattered snow showers, mainly before 8 a.m. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 7. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. West wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. Tonight, scattered snow showers, mainly after 1 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Wind chill values between -15 and -20. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. New Year’s Day, scattered snow showers, mainly before 1 p.m. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 10. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Monday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 3.

Extended forecast: Tuesday, mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Tuesday night, snow showers likely, mainly after 1 a.m. Patchy blowing snow after 4 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wednesday, snow showers. Patchy blowing snow. Cloudy, with a high near 12. Blustery. Wednesday night, snow showers likely. Patchy blowing snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Thursday, snow showers likely. Patchy blowing snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 8. Thursday night, snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around -2. Friday, snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 7.

Lake Superior: Today, northwest wind 15 to 20 knots. Gusts up to 30 knots. Snow showers early, then a chance of snow showers. Heavy freezing spray through the day. Waves building to 4 to 7 feet occasionally to 9 feet. Tonight, west wind 20 to 25 knots veering northwest after midnight. Gusts up to 32 knots. Snow showers. Heavy freezing spray. Waves building to 6 to 9 feet occasionally to 11 feet. Monday, northwest wind 20 to 25 knots. Snow showers. Heavy

freezing spray. Waves subsiding to 5 to 8 feet occasionally to 10 feet. Note: Wave height forecasts are for ice-free areas.

Temperatures: The average temperature Saturday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 5 degrees, 10 degrees below normal. The high Saturday was 11 degrees and the overnight low was -1 degrees.

Precipitation: Saturday, .29. Year to date, 42.68 inches. Normal to date, 35.61 inches.

Snowfall: Saturday, 6.2 inches. Season to date, 62.3 inches. Normal to date, 71.9 inches.

Sunset: 5:13 this evening.

Sunrise: 8:34 a.m. Monday.

COMMENTS