Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, showers and thunderstorms likely before 11 a.m., then scattered showers. Cloudy, with a high near 55. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Tonight, scattered showers, mainly after 7 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest winad 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Monday, a 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 52. West wind around 10 mph. Monday night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. West wind around 5 mph.

Extended forecast: Tuesday, mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Tuesday night, a chance of showers between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent. Wednesday, partly sunny, with a high near 52. Wednesday night, mostly clear, with a low around 40. Thursday, sunny, with a high near 56. Thursday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 43. Friday, mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Friday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Saturday, partly sunny, with a high near 60.

Lake Superior: Today, east, southeast wind 5 to 10 knots becoming south in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely before 11 a.m., then scattered showers. Waves around 1 foot. Tonight, variable winds 5 knots or less. Scattered showers, mainly after 7 p.m. Waves 1 foot or less. Monday, west wind 5 to 10 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 1 foot or less. Monday night, variable winds 5 knots or less. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 foot or less.

Temperatures: The average temperature Saturday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 42 degrees, 10 degrees below normal. The high Saturday was 52 degrees and the overnight low was 31 degrees.

Precipitation: Saturday, zero inches. Year to date, 13.77 inches. Normal to date, 12.45 inches.

Sunset: 9:25 this evening.

Sunrise: 6:09 a.m. Monday.

COMMENTS