Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Winter weather advisory in effect from 11 this morning to 7 p.m. Tuesday. Tonight, patchy blowing snow in the evening. Freezing rain and snow showers in the evening, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle and snow showers overnight. Snow accumulation around an inch. Ice accumulation up to a tenth of an inch. Lows 13 to 18 inland to around 19 at the shore. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Tuesday, freezing rain likely, possibly mixed with snow showers and sleet in the morning, then freezing rain likely, possibly mixed with snow showers in the afternoon. Cloudy. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation. Ice accumulation up to a tenth of an inch possible. Highs around 27. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tuesday night, a 20 percent chance of freezing rain and snow showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 10 above. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, mostly sunny. Highs around 21. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Wednesday night, clear. Lows 1 to 6 above. Thursday, mostly sunny. Highs around 28. Thursday night, mostly cloudy with snow showers likely. Lows around 15. Chance of snow 70 percent. Friday, a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 33. Chance of snow 30 percent. Friday night and Saturday, partly cloudy. Lows around 18. Highs around 35. Saturday night, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows around 22. Sunday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 35.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 15 degrees, 1 degree below normal. The high Sunday was 28 degrees and the overnight low was 2 degrees.

Precipitation: Sunday, .01 inches. Year to date, 2.99 inches. Normal to date, 3.73 inches.

Snowfall: Sunday, .3 inches. Season to date, 104.5 inches. Normal to date, 139.4 inches.

Sunset: 6:22 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:45 a.m. Tuesday.