Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, areas of drizzle in the evening, then rain overnight. Widespread fog. Lows around 35. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent. Wednesday, rain showers in the morning, then rain showers likely, possibly mixed with snow in the afternoon. Cloudy. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs around 40. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Wednesday night, snow showers in the evening, then scattered snow showers overnight. Patchy blowing snow. Cloudy. Lows around 25. North winds 10 to 20 mph inland, except north 20 to 25 mph near the shore. Chance of snow 80 percent.

Extended forecast: Thursday, colder. Scattered snow showers in the morning. Partly cloudy. Highs around 29. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30 percent. Thursday night, a 50 percent chance of snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 23. Friday, snow, possibly mixed with rain and freezing rain in the morning, then rain, possibly mixed with snow in the afternoon. Highs around 37. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Friday night, rain, possibly mixed with snow. Lows around 29. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Saturday, cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs around 32. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Saturday night and Sunday, breezy. Cloudy with numerous snow showers. Lows 18 to 23. Highs around 26. Chance of snow 60 percent. Sunday night, mostly cloudy with scattered snow showers. Lows 18 to 23. Chance of snow 40 percent. Monday, mostly cloudy. Highs around 32.

Lake Superior: Tonight, south wind 15 to 20 knots. Patchy fog through midnight. Widespread fog late. Areas of drizzle through midnight. Rain by midnight. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday, southwest wind 10 to 15 knots veering northwest 15 to 25 knots in the afternoon. Gale force gusts up to 34 knots. Rain showers. Waves building to 4 to 7 feet occasionally to 9 feet. Wednesday night, north wind up to 30 knots with gale force gusts up to 38 knots. Cloudy. Rain showers likely with pockets of snow showers in the evening, then scattered snow showers possibly mixed with rain showers after midnight. Waves building to 12 to 17 feet occasionally to 21 feet, then subsiding to 10 to 14 feet occasionally to 18 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 30 degrees, 2 degrees below normal. The high Monday was 33 degrees and the overnight low was 27 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, trace. Year to date, 39.55 inches. Normal to date, 31.28 inches.

Snowfall: Monday, trace. Season to date, 17.9 inches. Normal to date, 13.5 inches.

Sunset: 5:18 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:53 a.m. Wednesday.