Weather

(AP graphic)

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, mostly clear. Lows around 41 inland to around 47 at the shore. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday, a 20 percent chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 63. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Thursday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Lows 43 to 48. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Friday, cooler. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers in the morning, then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs around 54. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Friday night and Saturday, clear. Patchy fog. Patchy frost overnight. Lows 32 to 37 inland to around 40 at the shore. Highs around 61. Saturday night, mostly clear. Lows 41 to 46.

Sunday, partly cloudy. Highs around 65. Sunday night, mostly cloudy. Lows 48 to 53. Monday, mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs around 67. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday night, a chance of showers in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Lows 48 to 53. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tuesday, a 30 percent chance of showers in the morning. Partly cloudy. Highs around 68.

Lake Superior: Small craft advisory in effect through late tonight. Tonight, northwest wind 10 to 20 knots backing west 10 to 15 knots late. Mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Isolated showers through midnight. Waves subsiding to 2 to 3 feet. Thursday, west wind less than 10 knots veering northwest by mid-afternoon. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers by mid-afternoon. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet. Thursday night, northwest wind 10 to 15 knots veering north after midnight. Cloudy with a chance of showers. Waves building to 2 to 4 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 63 degrees, 11 degrees above normal. The high Tuesday was 72 degrees and the overnight low was 53 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, .20 inches. Year to date, 30.28 inches. Normal to date, 25.55 inches.

Sunset: 7:37 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:45 a.m. Thursday.