Weather

Forecast for Friday, September 22, 2017 (AP graphic)

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms overnight. Lows around 60. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Friday, unseasonably warm. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Partly cloudy. Highs around 85. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Friday night, warm. Mostly clear. Lows around 68. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Saturday, unseasonably warm. Mostly sunny. Highs around 87. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Saturday night and Sunday, unseasonably warm. Partly cloudy. Lows around 65. Highs around 85. Sunday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 61.

Monday, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Partly cloudy. Highs 75 to 80 inland to around 73 at the shore. Chance of rain 30 percent. Monday night and Tuesday, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 58. Highs around 71. Tuesday night, a chance of showers in the evening, then showers likely overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 52. Chance of rain 60 percent. Wednesday, cooler. A chance of showers in the morning. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 61. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, east wind less than 10 knots veering south after midnight. Partly cloudy in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog late. Waves calm to 1 foot. Friday, south wind 5 to 15 knots. Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms through early afternoon. Waves calm to 1 foot. Friday night, south wind 10 to 15 knots. Mostly clear. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Wednesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 64 degrees, 10 degrees above normal. The high Wednesday was 74 degrees and the overnight low was 54 degrees.

Precipitation: Wednesday, .23 inches. Year to date, 29.22 inches. Normal to date, 24.73 inches.

Sunset: 7:49 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:37 a.m. Friday.