Weather

Forecast for Wednesday, September 20, 2017 (AP graphic)

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, mostly clear. Lows 52 to 57. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph becoming south overnight. Wednesday, breezy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 75. South winds 15 to 25 mph. Wednesday night, mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening, then mostly clear overnight. Patchy fog overnight. Lows 51 to 56. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Thursday, sunny. Highs around 73. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Thursday night, a chance of showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows around 61. Chance of rain 30 percent. Friday, unseasonably warm. A 40 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Highs around 86. Friday night, a chance of showers overnight. Partly cloudy. Lows around 64. Chance of rain 40 percent. Saturday and Saturday night, partly cloudy. Highs around 82. Lows around 61. Sunday, partly cloudy. Highs around 79. Sunday night, mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows around 57. Monday, cooler. A chance of showers in the morning, then showers likely in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 70. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southeast wind 5 to 15 knots. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday, southeast wind 10 to 20 knots veering south 15 to 20 knots by mid-afternoon. Gusts up to 29 knots. Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms by mid-afternoon. Waves 1 to 2 feet. Wednesday night, southwest wind 5 to 15 knots veering northwest less than 10 knots after midnight. Cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms through midnight, then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers after midnight. Waves 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Monday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 52 degrees, 3 degrees below normal. The high Monday was 64 degrees and the overnight low was 40 degrees.

Precipitation: Monday, .08 inches. Year to date, 28.98 inches. Normal to date, 24.48 inches.

Sunset: 7:53 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:35 a.m. Wednesday.