Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a chance of showers in the evening, then a slight chance of showers overnight. Cloudy. Lows 47 to 52. Light winds. Chance of rain 50 percent. Tuesday, mostly sunny. Highs around 70. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Tuesday night, a 20 percent chance of showers overnight. Mostly clear. Lows around 55. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Extended forecast: Wednesday, a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 75. South winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Wednesday night, showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the evening, then a chance of showers overnight. Patchy fog overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows 54 to 59. Chance of rain 60 percent. Thursday and Thursday night, mostly clear. Highs around 75. Lows around 61. Friday, unseasonably warm. Mostly sunny. Highs around 83. Friday night, partly cloudy. Lows around 62. Saturday, mostly sunny. Highs around 81. Saturday night and Sunday, partly cloudy. Lows around 59. Highs around 75.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southeast wind less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers through midnight. Waves calm to 1 foot. Tuesday, southeast wind less than 10 knots. Mostly sunny. Waves calm to 1 foot. Tuesday night, southeast wind 10 to 15 knots. Mostly clear. Waves building to 1 to 2 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Sunday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 58 degrees, 3 degrees above normal. The high Sunday was 68 degrees and the overnight low was 48 degrees.

Precipitation: Sunday, .30 inches. Year to date, 28.90 inches. Normal to date, 24.35 inches.

Sunset: 7:55 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:34 a.m. Tuesday.