Weather

Forecast for Saturday, May 27, 2017 (AP graphic)

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 5 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind around 5 mph. Saturday, a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 2 p.m. Partly sunny, with a high near 65. South wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Saturday night, a 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southwest after midnight.

Extended forecast: Sunday, a chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2 p.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50 percent. Sunday night, a 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.

Memorial Day, a 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Monday night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Tuesday, mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Tuesday night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Wednesday, a chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Wednesday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Thursday, mostly sunny, with a high near 56.

Lake Superior: Tonight, southeast winds less than 10 knots veering south after midnight. Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of rain showers. Waves calm to 1 foot. Saturday, south winds less than 10 knots. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain showers through early afternoon then a chance of rain showers by mid afternoon. Waves calm to 1 foot. Saturday night, variable winds less than 10 knots becoming southwest after midnight. Cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Waves calm to 1 foot.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 54 degrees, which is normal for the date. The high Thursday was 65 degrees and the overnight low was 43 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, trace. Year to date, 14.37 inches. Normal to date, 12.99 inches.

Sunset: 9:30 this evening.

Sunrise: 6:04 a.m. Saturday.