Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Today, unseasonably warm. A slight chance of rain showers in the morning, then rain showers likely in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs 48 to 53. Light winds. Chance of rain 70 percent. Tonight, rain showers likely in the evening, then snow showers, possibly mixed with drizzle and freezing drizzle overnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Lows around 31. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Thursday, much colder. Mostly cloudy. A chance of freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with drizzle in the morning. Highs around 35. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Thursday night, a 50 percent chance of snow overnight. Cloudy. Lows around 25. Northeast winds 5 to 15 mph.

Extended forecast: Friday, snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Patchy blowing snow. Moderate snow accumulation. Minor ice accumulation possible. Highs around 31. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Friday night, snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain in the evening, then snow overnight. Patchy blowing snow. Lows around 21. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Saturday, snow. Areas of blowing snow. Highs around 24. Chance of snow 90 percent. Saturday night, patchy blowing snow in the evening. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 11 to 16. Sunday, mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 24. Sunday night, partly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 9 to 14 above. Monday, a chance of snow showers in the morning. Partly cloudy. Highs around 29. Chance of snow 30 percent. Monday night, snow likely overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows around 21. Chance of snow 60 percent. Tuesday, snow likely in the morning, then snow, possibly mixed with rain in the afternoon. Cloudy. Highs around 36. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Lake Superior: Today, south winds 5 to 15 knots backing northeast in the afternoon. A chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Waves calm to 2 feet. Tonight, north winds 10 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 30 knots after midnight. Rain showers likely in the evening. A chance of snow showers. A chance of drizzle and rain showers after midnight. Waves building to 1 to 3 feet, then subsiding to calm to 2 feet. Thursday, north winds 15 to 25 knots. Waves building to 1 to 3 feet, then subsiding to calm to 2 feet. Thursday night, northeast winds 10 to 20 knots becoming east 20 to 30 knots after midnight. A slight chance of snow after midnight. Waves building to 3 to 5 feet. Friday, east gales to 35 knots backing northeast in the afternoon. Snow. Waves building to 6 to 9 feet. Friday night, northeast gales to 35 knots backing north after midnight. Snow. Waves building to 7 to 10 feet. Saturday, north gales to 35 knots backing northwest. Freezing spray. Snow. Waves building to 9 to 12 feet, then subsiding to 3 to 6 feet. Sunday, west winds 20 to 30 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 knots. Freezing spray. Snow showers likely. Waves building to 5 to 8 feet, then subsiding to 2 to 4 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Tuesday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 48 degrees, 31 degrees above normal. The high Tuesday was a record 56 degrees and the overnight low was 39 degrees.

Precipitation: Tuesday, .05 inches. Year to date, 3.12 inches. Normal to date, 3.96 inches.

Snowfall: Tuesday, none. Season to date, 106.4 inches. Normal to date, 143.3 inches.

Sunset: 6:25 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:42 a.m. Thursday.