1 injured following garage fire

The garage at 1102 Grant Ave., where a fire occured Monday night, is pictured. (Journal photo by Trinity Carey)

MARQUETTE — One man was injured in a garage fire when he tried to extinguish the blaze late Monday along Grant Street in Marquette.

The man suffered burns to his extremities, and that EMS personnel provided care and transported the victim to UP Health System-Marquette, according to a press release from the Marquette City Fire Department.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire at 1102 Grant St. and clear the area after about an hour on the scene. Officials said firefighters responded to the detached garage and found a vehicle on fire around 10:37 p.m. Monday.

The extent of the damage to the structure was unknown, though the press release states about 300 gallons of water was used by the nine firefighters on scene to extinguish the flames.