EDITOR’S NOTE: The following information is collected from Marquette City Police Department dispatch log books recorded at the time the calls were received. The incidents reported may have proven to be unfounded once police investigated. Some log entries may be edited or omitted due to space constraints.
– 10:25 a.m., report of a blue cooler on the side of the road that may have fallen from a vehicle, located, U.S. 41 roundabout near Grove Street
– 12:05 p.m., vehicle lockout, Wrecker was already unlocking the vehicle when officer arrived, U.S. 41 West
– 1:24 p.m., traffic detail, 1000 block Wilson St.
– 1:42 p.m., dog bit victim at the emergency room, dog bite happened at a foster home two days ago to a small child, child protective services worker who has the child does not know where the foster home is or who the dog belongs to, foster home was found to be in Harvey, Chocolay Township police were notified, 500 block West College Avenue
– 1:45 p.m., traffic detail, East Fair Avenue near Pine Street
– 2:48 p.m., property inspection, 200 block North Front Street
– 3:12 p.m., fight in progress, all subjects involved took off before officers arrived, officers checked the area and could not find them, officers spoke with a witness, no other calls received, 100 block West Arch Street
– 5:09 p.m., manager standing by false alarm, 2100 block Presque Isle Avenue
– 5:12 p.m., lockout opened, 500 block East Hewitt Avenue
– 6:11 p.m., property inspection, 900 block North Lakeshore Boulevard
– 6:15 p.m., car versus deer traffic accident, Wright Street near McClellan Avenue
– 6:20 p.m., complainant advised her roommate stole her dog, dog was returned prior to officer’s arrival, 500 block Hawley Street
– 6:47 p.m., motorist assist, South Front Street near Genesee Street
– 7:09 p.m., while conducting a walk thru at Lakeview Arena, officer witnessed a larceny of a hockey stick, stick was returned and the owner did not want to pursue charges, 400 block East Fair Avenue