News from UPAWS
The Upper Peninsula Animal Welfare Shelter would not be here today, or even thinking about a new shelter, without our friends and neighbors. As we get no operational funding from national organizations or from tax dollars, your support is what keeps the homeless animals in our community safe and healthy until they find their forever homes. But now UPAWS needs to retire our 40-year-old facility and find OUR new home.
Through the hard work of staff and volunteers, and the commitment and dedication of our friends and neighbors, we have raised almost $2.62 million toward our $3.7 million goal. UPAWS is getting closer to our goal to build an animal shelter that can be more than just an animal shelter- it can be an animal community center!
To hit our goal, UPAWS has custom naming opportunities available for the animal community center and pledges can be paid out over 5 years. This can be as little as $2.75/day to have a legacy of your gift. Pledges can be paid monthly, quarterly, or annually and with designated areas for cats, dogs, small critters, large animals- there are plenty of ways you may show your care and support for the animals that you love.
Imagine a beacon of hope for homeless animals. Imagine a new generation of animal sheltering. Imagine the PAWSibilities. –
Call 906-475-6661, email email@example.com to learn about our custom naming opportunities that can be pledged over 5 years. To give now, community members are encouraged to go to upaws.org, stop by the shelter, or send check or pledge to PO Box 968, Marquette, MI 49855 and mark it for the new shelter.
Stay tuned with our Imagine the PAWSibilities Campaign in The Mining Journal’s Superior Pets.
For additional information on any animals at UPAWS, call 906-475-6661
• Baily is a 10-month female treeing walker coonhound.
• Little Miss Muffet is a female domestic shorthair, 3-years, 1-month old.
• Tyson is a male, neutered bulldog, 3 years old.
• Lilly is a spayed female domestic shorthair, 5-years, 1-month-old.
For additional information on any animals at the Alger Shelter, call 906-387-4131
• Jasmine is a 5-year-old spayed black female cat.
• Jasper is a 10-year-old neutered male black cat with extra toes.
• Baby is a 12- to 13-year-old spayed gray and white female cat.
• Pumpkin is a 2-year-old spayed brindle bulldog mix.