News from UPAWS:
The Upper Peninsula Animal Welfare Shelter is getting closer to our goal to build an animal shelter that can be more than just an animal shelter- it can be an animal community center. UPAWS has raised over $2.3 million and we need your help to break ground in 2017.
Double the impact of your gift with the $100,000 matching gift in memory of Joan Steindler- a lover of golden retrievers and no-kill advocates. We have already exceeded $30,000 in matching gifts and this is the chance for your gift to go twice as far! Whether you are a business, an individual, a lover of animals, or a club or organization- we need YOUR help. Will you help us raise $100,000 to get another $100,000?
UPAWS has spent 40 years finding homeless animals a new home- but now UPAWS needs a new home. We are so close to breaking ground, will you help us get closer?
Imagine a new home for UPAWS. Imagine the PAWSibilities.
Community members are encouraged to go to upaws.org, stop by the shelter, or send check or pledge to PO Box 968, Marquette, MI 49855 and mark it for the new shelter. Give today to double the impact of your gift! Call 906-475-6661 or email email@example.com for more information.
Stay tuned with our Imagine the PAWSibilities Campaign in The Mining Journal’s Superior Pets.
For additional information about the animals at UPAWS, call: 906-475-6661
• Tom is a domestic shorthair male, 8-years, 1-month old.
• Austin is a male hound, 2-years old.
• Chevy is a mixed-breed medium (up to 44 pounds fully grown) male, 2-years old.
• Red is a male Alaskan husky.
For additional information about the animals at the Alger County Animal Shelter, call: 906-387-4131
• Maggie is a 2-3 year old small mixed breed female dog.
• Jeremy is a 1-year-old orange tiger male cat.
• Socks is a 2-year-old female tiger cat.
• Tiger is a 2-year-old spayed female tiger cat.