Weather

Weather

Marquette and vicinity: Tonight, snow, possibly mixed with rain and freezing rain in the evening, then a chance of drizzle, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle and overnight. Cloudy. Snow accumulation around an inch. Minor ice accumulation possible. Lows around 31. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest overnight. Chance of precipitation 90 percent. Saturday, cloudy. A chance of freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with drizzle. Highs around 34. North winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Saturday night, snow showers, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle in the evening, then snow showers likely overnight. Patchy blowing snow. Cloudy. Lows 18 to 23. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Extended forecast: Sunday, colder. Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs around 25. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Sunday night, a 40 percent chance of snow showers in the evening. Partly cloudy. Lows around 19. Monday, warmer. Partly cloudy. Highs around 38. Monday night, mostly cloudy. Lows around 28. Tuesday, a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Highs around 32. Chance of snow 50 percent. Tuesday night, snow showers likely in the evening, then a chance of snow showers overnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows 18 to 23. Chance of snow 70 percent. Wednesday, a 30 percent chance of snow showers in the morning. Partly cloudy. Highs around 28. Wednesday night and Thanksgiving Day, mostly cloudy. Lows 18 to 23. Highs around 32.

Lake Superior: Gale warning in effect until 4 pm est this afternoon. Tonight, southwest wind 10 to 15 knots veering north 15 to 20 knots late. Cloudy. Rain in the evening, then a chance of rain by midnight. A slight chance of drizzle by midnight. Waves subsiding to 1 to 2 feet, then building to 2 to 4 feet. Saturday, north wind 15 to 25 knots with gusts up to 33 knots. Cloudy. A chance of drizzle in the morning, then a chance of drizzle and snow showers in the afternoon. Waves building to 7 to 10 feet occasionally to 13 feet. Saturday night, northwest wind up to 30 knots. Snow showers likely, a slight chance of drizzle and freezing drizzle in the evening, then snow showers likely after midnight. Waves building to 9 to 12 feet occasionally to 15 feet, then subsiding to 8 to 11 feet occasionally to 14 feet.

Temperatures: The average temperature Thursday at the National Weather Service office in Negaunee Township was 25 degrees, 5 degrees above normal. The high Thursday was 29 degrees and the overnight low was 21 degrees.

Precipitation: Thursday, .12 inches. Year to date, 40.12 inches. Normal to date, 31.61 inches.

Snowfall: Thursday, 1.1 inches. Season to date, 20.5 inches. Normal to date, 15.9 inches.

Sunset: 5:15 this evening.

Sunrise: 7:57 a.m. Saturday.