• Lake Gogebic: Was producing some walleye, pike and smallmouth bass.
• Menominee River: Anglers caught the odd Chinook salmon along with the occasional brown trout or walleye. The better fishing was between the Hattie Street Dam and the US-41 Bridge with small spoons and minnows.
• Little Bay De Noc: Had snow and the shoreline was beginning to freeze. Only the diehard walleye anglers are out now and the reports were good. Most are fishing at night and taking fair to good catches. The better action was off the Kipling area reefs when trolling stick baits or crank baits in 8 to 17 feet. Those fishing during the day had fair catches at best off the Kipling Flats in 30 feet or south toward Gladstone off the Terrace Bay Inn in 25 to 35 feet when trolling.
• Big Manistique Lake: Anglers caught pike, walleye and a few nice perch.
• Tahquamenon River: Had no fishing reports. There was some ice on the river and at the Dollarville Flooding but no safe ice.
— Michigan Department of Natural Resources