Chamber Children’s Carnival set for Friday
The Chamber Children’s Carnival will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Friday on top of the River Rock Lanes and Banquet Center parking lot (1011 North Road, Ishpeming). The event is organized and executed by the Greater Ishpeming-Negaunee Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with J-Goods Plumbing Heating and Cooling.
Everywhere you look, there will be something engaging for children: a bounce house, balloon darts, a dunk tank, ring toss, and more. The Chamber Children’s Carnival is free for children 12 and under. They even get a free hotdog and pop! Children have a chance to win prizes at every carnival game. In addition to the games, there will be face-painting, temporary tattoos, chalk drawing and other activities on site. Children will receive a punch card so they can play all the games. Punch cards are available at the entrance to the carnival (River Rock Lanes and Banquet Center parking lot near the carnival games). We encourage families to park in the designated areas: the former Country Grill lot, the Magnuson Hotel lot, and the Country Village lot.
Some things to keep in mind for the event:
• There is no prior registration required for this event but punch cards are limited.
• To receive their free hotdog and pop, children must go inside to the counter at River Rock Lanes and Banquet Center and present their punch card to the employee.
• Each child may have one chance to win a prize at each game. A volunteer will mark the child’s punch card to verify they participated in the game.
• Please help your child(ren) fill out the back of their card and put it into the giant spinner in the middle of the lot when they are finished playing the games.
• At 7:30 p.m., GINCC will draw names for the grand prizes! You must be present to win!
• River Rock Lanes and Banquet Center will have hotdogs and pop available for purchase for children 13 and up and adults.
• If older children would like to take part in the event, they will be exempt from playing in the Bounce House for safety reasons, and playing the Duck Pond game (as the prize is an extra bounce house ticket).
While you are at Chamber Children’s Carnival, make sure you visit the Dunk Tank! We will have special guests being dunked. Come out and practice your aim! Adult participation in the dunk tank is $1/throw.
Finally, GINCC wants to remind parents that although this is a free children’s event, you must accompany and be responsible for your child(ren).
If you have any questions, please contact Kelsey Niemisto, GINCC Marketing & Community Events Coordinator, at (906)486-1111 or email@example.com. See you at the Carnival!
Editor’s note: Kelsey Niemisto is marketing and community events coordinator of the Greater Ishpeming-Negaunee Area Chamber of Commerce.local business community.